Re: [cdin] Re: Distributed Data

Jason Dufair (funne nospam at iquest.net)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:58:51 -0500

At 01:50 PM 3/9/99 -0800, you wrote:
>This implies an authenticated/privileged editing access to the master
>database (I'm still assuming a master/slave replication model). I don't
>think this is a problem, but it merits a mention.

I don't think a master slave is going to help. We need something more
distributed, a la usenet. Not that I want to distribute entries via NNTP,
as someone earlier seemed to suggest, but that the authority be
decentralized. Otherwise, we're back to square one.

-----
Jason Dufair
funne nospam at iquest.net
http://www.iquest.net/~funne
http://www.iquest.net/~funne/jdufair.asc for PGP public key.
"A laugh for the newsprint nightmare, a world that never was
Where the questions are all 'why' and the answers are all 'because'"
-Bruce Cockburn