Re: cdindex

Tim P. Gerla (timg nospam at means.net)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:49:58 -0600

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 02:35:42PM +0000, Mike Oliphant wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > > Another issue is local storage. There needs to be a way for applications
> > > to store entries locally. Requiring mysql for this seems a bit excessive.
> >
> > Isn't this an issue solely for the clients?
>
> Yes, but it is still a standards issue. We want to have a common local
> storage format for all players. Also, if we use a custom database format
> at the server end, we might want to use the same code to handle the client
> end.
>

> Mike

KISS! Why not just store the information in a plain text file, as it was
downloaded by the server. Very simple, and it's easy to upload back for
submissions.

Let's try to grab the best ideas out of CDDB here.

--
-Tim
timg nospam at means.net | http://flow.geol.und.nodak.edu/

Can you live your life in a day Putting every moment in play Never hear a word they say As you watch the wheels go around -Savatage