Re: [cdin] Re: Distributed Data

Tom Rothamel (tom-pine-1 nospam at onegeek.org)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:37:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Justus Pendleton wrote:

> This would seem to distribute responsibility for the system rather
> than keeping it in the hands of a few. Everyone gets to be their own
> moderator -- if they so desire. No personal data is kept anywhere.

This is the right way of doing this, IMO. With the current databses that
people are proposing and creating, we're once again putting all the
information in a centralized database, leading to the same problem that
lead to all of this.

[ Please cc me with followups, as I aparrently lost some of this thread in
the multi-list confusion. ]

- Tom - http://onegeek.org/~tom ------------------ Lilug Veep - Using Linux
Treiman's Theorem:
Impossible things usually don't happen.