Re: Reality Check and Ideas

Mike Dwyer (sasafras nospam at nettaxi.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:49:59 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, August Zajonc wrote:

> Before people post with brand new ideas, perhaps they could point out the
> flaws in the current ideas that the idea seeks to fix, and what improvments
> lie ahead. Remeber, future flexibilty is key, simplicity is jey (plenty of
> people can host a cgi script for http lookups, how many can provide DNS
> servers, and all that entails?)

I havent been reading this list long, and i normally would have waited
longer to post, but i think it is important to bring this up (if it hasnt
already been) early in the game so that there will be less problems.

I always make mp3s out of my cds for convenience, and i like to fill in
all of the id3 tag info on them. The CDDB has been a big help in this, but
it has always bugged me that they dont give you the year or genre. I wrote
a script in perl to do all of the steps, and then ask for the year and
genre. To me this is a pain and i would like it to be fully automatic by
getting this info from the server. Any chance that the cdindex will let
you fill this info in while submitting? If so they should start doing it
soon so it will be less of a problem.

Mike