Re: [cdin] Re: Distributed Data

Gary D. Foster (Gary.Foster nospam at Corp.Sun.COM)
10 Mar 1999 08:05:12 -0800

JD> I would still contend that there is no need for a submitter's
JD> email whatsoever. What need does it meet? Even if there were

I agree. I see absolutely no need for authentication, secure hashes,
signing, or whatever. It's needless chrome.

Can the system be abused if it's not added in? Yes, more than
likely. Will it be abused? Who's to say... let me check my crystal
ball, my tarot cards, and my rune stones. Is it worth the added
complexity? I seriously doubt it.

Just allow for new submissions to be able to correct the old ones and
the system should be self-correcting.

-- Gary F.

--
"There is no shame in a UNIX Sysadmin not coping with a Mac.  Auto
mechanics don't have to fix rubber squeak toys."