RE: [DB] Feature Set 1.0, +

Larry Kain (lakain nospam at mediaone.net)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:16:24 -0500

[snip]

with hashes! :-) )
> * abbreviations for Artist, Track, etc. (to allow display on small
> screens, like car displays or consumer Jukeboxes)
>

> What have I missed?

A way to deal with multi-CD albums.

If we try to start with a one-to-one album/disc correspondence, some
albums will need duplicate entries. We don't want entries like "Best of
Albino Wino disc 1" and "Best of Albino Wino disc 2" when we really want to
refer to single collection. I'm not a real database person but it seems
like multiple entries are one thing that will not be easy to patch up later
on.

-larry kain