Re: Mix information

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 Apr, Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> 1. If "Beatles, The" is prefered, I should probably switch to
> "Oohphta Oophta, D.J." (or is it "Oophta Oophta, DJ"?) - but it looks
> horrible so I don't do it.

Its ugly to look at, but crucial for the indexing process. In a
somewhat related project I have two seperate name fields; one for sort
order (Last, First) and one for print order. The sort order field is
used for the searching and indexing purposes, whereas the other is used
other cases.

> 2. Some artists seem to have a national name (D.J. Taucher) and an
> international name (Diver)

Ugh. No idea on that one.

> 3. Case - I try to enter the case close to the booklet, but this might
> result in different artists or track entries, if the database does
> distinguish between upper and lower case.

This is a good rule -- I'll add it to the submission guideline.

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert