Re: CD Index Update

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

On 12 Apr, Nick Lamb wrote:

> I know this is perfectly acceptable HTTP, but it means that I now need
> much more extensive HTTP support to have this work sensibly. As it is
> I'll just kludge it for now.

Yuck -- what is the workaround? I'd like to post that one the web
pages. We should get the client software updated and then remove
automatic redirect

> A duplicate could be merged IFF all the "content" data for the two CDs
> is the same. This way we know that users will never notice a merge,
> since the data they receive is the same before and after. CDDB seems to
> do merges on this basis (there are no two CDs with the same title &
> artist, same track names in CDDB).
> With such a system in force, to merge a power-user need merely Edit
> the least-accurate version to match the more accurate one, and the CDs
> will merge automagically when the script is next run.

Agreed -- It's just pretty low on my to do list. :-)

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert