Re: Future of CDDB replacement projects

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:33:56 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Apr, Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> The result is:
>
> C:\mvw\local\bin>cvs -d :pserver:freeamp nospam at cvs.freeamp.org:/src/repository login
> cvs -d :pserver:freeamp nospam at cvs.freeamp.org:/src/repository login
> (Logging in to freeamp nospam at cvs.freeamp.org)
> CVS password: freeamp1
>
> C:\mvw\local\bin>cvs -d :pserver:freeamp nospam at cvs.freeamp.org:/src/repository checkout cdi_client
> cvs -d :pserver:freeamp nospam at cvs.freeamp.org:/src/repository checkout cdi_client
>
> cvs server: Updating cdi_client
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/src/repository/cdi_client': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/src/repository/cdi_client'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>

> (The same I got under FreeBSD some moments ago - Robert? :)

Ding -- same here. I fixed it now...

I did a checkout and then configure under linux glibc2 2.0.36 and got:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking size of long... 4
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating config.h
linking ./cdi_linux.cpp to cdi.cpp
linking ./cdi_linux.h to cdi.h
boobs:/home/robert/cdindex/cdi_client->make
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --gnu Makefile
cd . && autoconf
configure.in:21: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:22: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh configure --no-create --no-recursion
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
configure: error: can not run ./config.sub
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

Tag, you're it. :-)

--

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert