Re: A bit OT: Problem setting up Apache w/ cgi (perl)

Austin Goudge (austin nospam at psycle.com)
Sun, 2 May 1999 23:49:11 +0100

Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

On 2/5/99, you wrote:
>One obstacle is that you have to teach Windows somehow to execute
>hget.pl through the perl interpreter.

Hmm, I had a feeling that was something to do with it. Still haven't
cracked it though...

>Before, I would ensure that it is possible to execute a batch file
>at all.
>
>Put some neilarmstrong.bat in your cgi-bin/cdi directory that does
>nothing more than generate some friendly html:
>
> echo "Content-type: text/html"
> echo ""
> echo "<h1>Gnorts, Earthling!</h1>"
>
>And if you can see this - try the problem of executing through
>perl instead of cmd.exe next.

Yup, the .bat works fine (slightly edited). The perl files work fine
from the command line, they just won't spawn through Apache.

Austin.

--
Austin Goudge
Psycle Interactive Ltd.