Re: opening up work on the BeOS client

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

On 23 Jun, Stephen van Egmond wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm beginning work on a BeOS client for the cd index.
>
> If anyone's interested in helping out, please contact me.
>
> If anyone has any pointers or things to watch out for, I'd like to hear
> about it.

There isn't terribly much to watch out for. Things are pretty
straightforward. However, Marc is working on a library that will make
it easier to integrate cd index functionality into CD Players. On one
hand you might want to wait until Marc has that library available, but
on the other hand I don't want to hold you off from contributing.

> What's the policy about contributing changes back into the existing
> client code base?

We'd love to have all contributions. We're planning on releasing the
client side under BSD and the server side under GPL. I'm not certain if
that answers your question sufficiently...

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert