Re: [cdin] Re: Distributed Data

Brian Onn (onn nospam at tibco.com)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 13:54:15 -0800

--------------3769E86C2CBB94BDFD1B945B

I agree that we can't have the database containing submitter's email addresses.
They change too often, and I don't want someone to start UCE targeting me for
CD's that I don't own already, based on my email address that is attached to CD
indexes that I have submitted!

Brian

Greg Stein wrote:

> Oh. Damn. The database is distributed to any who want it. Therefore, all
> of the identifier info and email info is available for trolls to access.
>
> *grumble*
>
> Maybe that won't work either...
>
> It looks like we can only have "write-once" entries. After that, then we
> probably need to rely on trusted editors.
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> --
> Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

--------------3769E86C2CBB94BDFD1B945B

begin:vcard
n:Onn;Brian
tel;fax:(650) 846-500-
tel;home:(650) 312-8696
tel;work:(650) 846-5049
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.tibco.com
org:TIBCO Software Inc
adr:;;3165 Porter Drive;Palo Alto;CA;94304;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:onn nospam at tibco.com
fn:Brian Onn
end:vcard