RE: WE NEED A PROJECT LEADER

Schuetz, David (David_Schuetz nospam at tds.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:03:52 -0800

I'm not sure we need a project leader, per se, except as maybe to coordinate
amongst different groups. But I still think we need somebody for each of
the major "subject areas," just to ensure we're actually making progress...

...but maybe that's just me.

david.

[original message reposted for cdin and freecddb readers]

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Clarke [mailto:iic nospam at dcs.ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 11:38 AM
To: cdindex nospam at freeamp.org
Subject: WE NEED A PROJECT LEADER

Forgive me if I have missed something, but it seems to me that the reason
for the lack of coordination is the lack of a leader.

Before anyone thinks I am putting myself forward, I am not. I don't have
the time.

Perhaps the organiser of this mailing list sees himself as the project
leader as unlike most he has working code, although this is not apparent
from the nature of discussions.

I propose that people nominate potential project leaders by sending an
email with subject:

NOMINATION: name

The content should contain reasons why the person should be nominated.
You can, of course, nominate yourself too, in which case the email body
should form a CV of sorts.

Once we have settled on nominations we should have a vote, I will be happy
to count these votes, if someone would volunteer to second my count.
Votes would be placed by emailing me (and Cc:'ing my second) your vote
with subject line:

VOTE: name

No more should be nescessary.

I will check for duplicate votes, and my second will ensure that I am not
crooked.

You can signal your approval of this idea by placing a nomination.

Ian.