Re: The competition (CDDB2)

Nick Lamb (njl98r nospam at ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 21:32:23 +0000

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 03:06:38PM -0500, Stephen van Egmond wrote:
> A great idea. But we need a library we can use... yesterday. Call a
> function, get an XML or a struct back that describes the CD. It's not
> there yet.

The library we could have used yesterday was libcdaudio.

It's not very clean, and might benefit from code clean-up by people on
this list (ask the author first!) but it does work, and offers the
choice of FreeDB or CDindex to those who care, right now, today.

I can't recall the name of the client which uses it, but ISTR that it
is text-mode only. Perhaps the author would like a graphical client?

Nick.