RE: [cdin] ** TIME FOR A PLAN **

Schuetz, David (David_Schuetz nospam at tds.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:38:19 -0800

> IMO, I think the db, server, and distro areas should be
> handled as a unit. They all basically deal with what happens
> on the server side. The client is the other chunk, and the
> proto connects them.

I can see that.

> I have set up three new cdin.org mailing lists: cdin-server,
> cdin-proto, and cdin-client.

Great! I'll start using those ASAP!

> I've set up three areas on http://www.cdin.org/ for the server,
> client, and proto stuff. I can easily enable each area for DAV
> to let the coordinator manage those pages (so I don't have to
> work as hard :-).

Don't grok DAV. Couldja explain that to me (privately, if appropriate), as
I've never done any sort of remote web stuff....

> Now we just need volunteers for the three areas.
> David: do you want the server stuff? :-) I've already got a
> request out to Mike Oliphant for the client side. I've got no
> ideas for the protocol stuff

Sounds good to me... I'll try and put together summaries of server stuff
(beyond the DB stuff I've already done) later today (seems more productive
to do this in the afternoon than in the morning...)

david.