Re: GUI cdindex client for Win32

Chris Stoffel (chris nospam at ourfamily.nu)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:29:33 -0600 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net wrote:

> Yes! I would love it if you'd do this. I am planning on writing a perl
> script that takes in an XML object that contains all the info for a
> submission and sends it to the server. Maybe your client could just
> create XML objects and throw them onto the server, bypassing the
> browser submission pages.

XML? You are making this much too fun! :)

Sounds cool. I haven't done much XML (okay, I haven't done any), but I
would love to give it a try.

I will do as much of the front-end as possible without the XML. Let me
know your plans for the XML piece, and I will fit that in.

I would still need the text-only artist and album listings. I could grab
the code and do that if you want. That's up to you.

I'm excited! I am a real open-source fan, and I have been looking for a
project to contribute to. I hope I can help out here!

> Also. would you like me to post your programs or link to them?

If you have the bandwidth, post 'em. I am on a pretty small pipe, so if
there are a lot of downloads it could really hurt. If you are in the same
situation, go ahead and link 'em.

Chris