Re: Disc ID Calculation

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:27:32 -0800 (PST)

On 18 Mar, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> The description of Disc Id Calculation at
> http://www.freeamp.org/cdindex/how.html describes a process
> substantially different from the one implemented in cdindex-1.0.0.
> Can anyone clarify what the intended calculation algorithm is?
> I would assume that the code is correct, but it is apparently adding
> 100 8-bytes frame offsets regardless of the number of the tracks on
> the disk.

The code is correct, and I need to update the web pages to reflect what
is in the code. I'll take care of that later today...

> It would also be helpful to have a specification that doesn't depend
> on knowledge of the Linux cdrom interface. I'd like to implement an
> id generator on Solaris, for example.

I've got a few improvements pending on the client -- I'll get extract
the OS specific code into a seperate module -- how does that sound?

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert