Re: Disc ID Calculation

Jeremy Hylton (jeremy nospam at cnri.reston.va.us)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:26:36 -0500 (EST)

>> The description of Disc Id Calculation at
>> http://www.freeamp.org/cdindex/how.html describes a process
>> substantially different from the one implemented in
>> cdindex-1.0.0. Can anyone clarify what the intended calculation
>> algorithm is?

GS> An alternative that doesn't require a new algorithm is the CDIN
GS> system. Please check out http://www.cdin.org/.

I don't have any algorithm at the moment, so I'm looking for one.
My interest is in finding a standard for disc ids that would be
interoperable with some other database. I want to stick an id in an
mp3 tag (probably the comment field). If the mp3 file has a standard
id, then given an arbitrary mp3 file I can lookup metadata about the
song and album.

Jeremy