Re: Free CDDB

Michael Kaiser (kaiser nospam at sgh-net.de)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:27:16 +0100

Mike,

Mike Oliphant schrieb:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Michael Kaiser wrote:
>
> > Mike,
> >
> > I've set up Version 1.4 of the cddbd
>
> Great! Where did you get the code? I've only seen 1.3.1 available.

Well, I guess I've been one of last people who d/l'ed the 1.4-version from
moonsofts ftp-server, but you can grab it from
http://freecddb.freecddb.org/src/

> > both accessible via port 888 and http (freecddb.freecddb.org).
>
> I tried HTTP on both port 80 (where cd-players will expect it) and port
> 888. Port 80 gave no response, and port 888 didn't work (I'm assuming that
> it was talking CDDBP).

you have to telnet to port 888. it does not work with your browser.
The cgi is accessible via /cgi-bin/cddb.cgi, using http. Try the example from
the homepage.

--
kind regards,
Michael Kaiser