Re: Free CDDB

Mike Oliphant (oliphant nospam at ling.ed.ac.uk)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:42:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Michael Kaiser wrote:

> > Great! Where did you get the code? I've only seen 1.3.1 available.
>
> Well, I guess I've been one of last people who d/l'ed the 1.4-version from
> moonsofts ftp-server, but you can grab it from
> http://freecddb.freecddb.org/src/

I had a quick look that this, and this version is still under the GPL, so
we're free to use it.

> > I tried HTTP on both port 80 (where cd-players will expect it) and port
> > 888. Port 80 gave no response, and port 888 didn't work (I'm assuming that
> > it was talking CDDBP).
> >

> you have to telnet to port 888. it does not work with your browser.

I was using my cd-player. Port 888 is for CDDBP -- I was trying to access
it via HTTP.

I'm not sure what the problem is. When I use the cgi link on your website,
it works fine. When I use my player (which works fine for accessing
us.cddb.com), I get:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently