Re: Argh! TOCs

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:10:53 -0700 (PDT)

On 22 Apr, Nick Lamb wrote:
> <snip?
> This should give us 0 or more albums which are similar by meaningful
> criteria to the CD in the users's CD-Rom drive. The CDindex submit can
> offer them up as a pick-list, with an appropriate message.
>
> By putting the fuzzy match method on the server, we can tweak it based on
> feedback from users, density of certain types of CD (perhaps never match
> CDs with only one track, where TOC data is thin anyway) and on database
> performance.

I totally agree with your assessment. Would you like to make the mods
and send me patches or should I do the mods? I could even give you CVS
write access if you care.

I'd like to see this happen, many possibilities are opened up by this.

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert