Re: How about that autoconf'd ENDIAN stuff?

Marc van Woerkom (van.woerkom nospam at netcologne.de)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:07:40 +0200 (CEST)

Nick Lamb <njl98r nospam at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Well, this was mentioned some time ago. And the site still says that patches
> are "coming soon", which isn't very helpful.

Sorry for the delay.

We were already busy exchanging tarballs to get platforms synchronized and will
now make it accessible via a cvs server.

> Also, cdcd (see Freshmeat) now supports CDindex so it should presumably
> be linked to on the Downloads page from the CDindex site. Unsurprisingly
> this uses autoconf to find out ENDIAN

We do too. The m4 makro AC_C_BIGENDIAN does the job.

> He is in the process of checking in the latest code to CVS.
> The latest version should include source for win32, linux, freebsd and
> irix. He said that the source should be available in CVS sometime this week,
> or early next week.

The 1.1 version is finished and will be released this weekend.

A better organized version is in development and will be checked in some days
later.

Stay tuned!

Regards,
Marc