Re: Argh! TOCs

Nick Lamb (njl98r nospam at ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:41:47 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> Remember the album "Angel Dust" from the group Faith no more?
>
> Around the time it was released they had a new single in the charts,
> a remake of "Easy" and some time later the album was put on
> the market, with this additional track.
>
> The same happened with Björk's "Debut" album. You get it in the initial
> version and a later version with the additional track "Play dead"
> (some film score).

I have this version of Björk's "Debut". I also have the 18 track version
of Boys for Pele, which doesn't have the re-mixed Professional Widow
that was eventually added after it became a hit. So I know about this
issue.

However... (1) This won't confuse my fuzzy recognition for exactly the
same album in a new pressing, because it has a different # of tracks

(2) Making an option to say "This CD is a lot like that one, but with
more tracks" is very hard. I think an ordinary fuzzy match is more
valuable, and we can return to oddities like this later.

Nick.