Re: CD index DTD weird

Sander van Zoest (sander nospam at mp3.com)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 30 May 1999 robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net wrote:

> > Good luck with the CDIndex project (I wonder if PHP3 or Zend are not
> > better tools to write the DB interfaces with...)
> Thanks -- I used to use PHP, but it ended up being too slow (that was
> before they sped it up 100 fold). Since then I've gotten converted to
> the Perl... But, what is Zend?

I'd suggest sticking to perl, c/c++, python or java :) These languages
are more widely supported and have a much richer library for parsing
DTD among other things. PHP3 and Zend are useful and serve their purpose,
but I do not suggest putting a huge load on them. They aren't very
portable and have database specific logic unlike the more generic
alternatives such as DBI and JDBC.

--
Sander van Zoest                                             sander nospam at mp3.com
MP3.com, Inc.                                                (619) 320-2112