Re: On using fXML

Nick Lamb (njl98r nospam at ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 02:57:09 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Stephen van Egmond wrote:

> fXML is a straightforward parser that I came across. Notable things
> about it:
>
> * BSD licence
> * Uses expat (Mozilla Public Licence)
> * Pretty cross-platform (uses STL map, list, string)
> * http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/System/5640/

Anyone who is working with GPL code, or prefers not to use C++ (which
is what I presume is implied by STL) might want to check out libxml

http://rufus.w3.org/veillard/XML/xml.html

This is notionally part of the GNOME project, but it isn't tied to any
GUI components or anything else I can see...

Once I'd fixed my own bugs I had no trouble constructing/ deconstructing
CDindex XML files with this, unfortunately I've been a bit busy recently
and haven't actually done anything constructive with it...

Nick.