Re: cdindex under solaris

Nick Lamb (njl98r nospam at ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:56:17 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Stephen van Egmond wrote:

> >For example, here's the result of an attempt with U2's Achtung Baby:
> >
> ><clipped useless info>
>
> This is not useless info! Please publish it here.
>
> It may be that you have a version of Achtung Baby that is not listed in the cdindex. I had to hunt around for a CD that existed in the database and my collection. The TOCs from one mastering of the CD to another will often vary. I imagine there were many many masters of that album.

No. His TOC data is very badly damaged. I tried to figure out what [1] had
happened to it, but it's completely trashed. That is NOT a signature from
a copy of Achtung Baby, or in fact any valid Audio CD.

Someone needs to discover what's in the TOC on Solaris/Sparc and decide
how we get CDindex-like TOC data instead of... whatever that was
Whoever does this MUST use a CD they know is already in CDindex, so they
can be sure they know the /right/ TOC data is coming out.

[1] I guessed endian bugs at first, but I got nowhere