Re: Fuzzy matches

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 20 Aug, Nick Lamb wrote:
> HTML: List one (or more) fuzzy matches if found, and ask the user to
> click an "Add" button if the fuzzy match was correct. This would then
> add a new CDindex ID for the appropriate album.
>
> TEXT: Show only the first match, but show in the text that it was done
> with the fuzzy algorithm, so the user knows it's not in CDindex yet
>
> XML: Return XML for one (or more) matches, but set a property=value
> pair in each CDInfo like so <CDInfo match=fuzzy> then an intelligent
> client can offer a menu to the user. The same client can then offer
> to submit any accepted matches back through the new submit process
> to CDindex.
>
> Well, just some thoughts.

That sounds about right. However, my time is extremely limted in the
short term (next two weeks) as I am preparing to go to Burning Man
(http://www.burningman.com). When I get back I'll have time on my hands
to devote to the CD Index. Until then, let's hope the playa doesn't
swallow my up whole...

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert