Re: Ok

Matt Sergeant (msergeant nospam at ndirect.co.uk)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:42:35 +0000

Paulo Candido wrote:

> d) Mark a date to stop supporting the old protocol. It may be far away
> in the future. A year, maybe. But let it be set and let the developers
> be warned.
>
> Does it sound good enough?

All except the turning off of the CDDB protocol. I don't see any reason
to stop the old protocol working - after all, the idea is that people
will want to use a new protocol because it's more advanced. I don't see
any reason to stop the old system though.

--
<Matt/>

| FastNet Software Ltd | XML | Perl | Databases | | http://come.to/fastnet | Bringing your data onto the Web | | See web site for details, articles, FAQ's and more | | ICQ# 14968768 | Availability: March 31st |