Re: Duplicate removal

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:39:12 -0800 (PST)

On 2 Dec, Nick Lamb wrote:

> If someone runs this on a DB with more than a few dozen CDs in it and
> gets good results I'd like to hear about it, and hopefully provide
> the extra four or so lines to do the merge for real.

I ran it on a staging server that contains all the data as of a few
days ago. The results are:

Would have merged two albums called Damn The Torpedoes
Would have merged two albums called Dream Dance Vol. 12 - cd 1
Would have merged two albums called feeling strangely fine
Would have merged two albums called Freak Out!
Would have merged two albums called Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
Would have merged two albums called Hot Rats
Would have merged two albums called In My Tribe
Would have merged two albums called Joe's Garage (Disc 1)
Would have merged two albums called Joe's Garage (Disc 2)
Would have merged two albums called Led Zeppelin IV
Would have merged two albums called Metallica
Would have merged two albums called Out of Time
Would have merged two albums called Reprazent - Disc 2
Would have merged two albums called Stasera ballo liscio
Would have merged two albums called Still Crazy After All These Years
Would have merged two albums called The all time greatest hits - Disc 1
Would have merged two albums called The all time greatest hits - Disc 1
Would have merged two albums called Try Anything Once
Would have merged two albums called Unplugged
Would have merged two albums called Vegas
Would have merged two albums called Who's Next
Would have merged two albums called Winter
Would have merged two albums called You Are What You Is
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 1 (Disc 2)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 2 (Disc 1)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 2 (Disc 2)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 3 (Disc 2)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 4 (Disc 2)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 5 (Disc 1)
Would have merged two albums called You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 6 (Disc 2)
109 possible duplicates considered...
30 duplicate albums would have been merged in database...

Roughly what you were expecting?

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert