Re: Broken again :(

robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:50:03 -0800 (PST)

On 15 Dec, Johan Pouwelse wrote:
> My idea is to implement an option in my CDIndex/lyrics/subtitling
> client program to upload the information to news:alt.music.lyrics
> Storing several news messages is not illegal. The person that posts lyrics
> of songs without permission is responsible.
>
> If we want to extend the music information of CDIndex with audio CD
> covers, artist pictures, biographies, etc. we will need a system that puts
> the responsibility at the submitter.

Ahhh -- the plot thickens. If the data is not actually stored on the CD
Index server than that changes the matter entirely. Can you give me
some more details of how this will work?

> For the CDIndex server it must be possible to select in the config file if
> you want to show only information that cddb carries, use also the extended
> information, and to scan selected newsgroups for submissions.

So some CDIndex servers will store the lyrics then, but not all of them
will be required to do so?

--ruaok Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- robert nospam at moon.eorbit.net http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert