Re: CDIndex future & DTD

Johan Pouwelse (pouwelse nospam at pds.twi.tudelft.nl)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:33:28 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> > Do more people think a generic solution should be the ultimate goal with
> > the first target a good CDDB replacement???
> There is some path thinkable towards a generic solution:
>
> sharing collection information of multimedia data (CD's, mp3's, DVD's)
> .
> .
> sharing other collection information (comic books, stamps, trading cards,
> . recipes, whatever..)
> .
> .
> generic distributed database
I totally agree with this path.

> However one could argue that the present web/database combinations
> from such a generic system.
But with a true generic system I mean a common pool of source code.
Present web/database combinations not share source code. When the
database contains both the content and the moderation, distribution,
review settings, etc. it is possible to use a single code base for
different distributed public writable databases.

Johan.